Summer is the time of year where many people flock to the beach, lake, or swimming pool and embark on family vacations. However, dealing with the heat can be rough for all ages.
The following are the five most common summer issues:
- Returning to a hot home. You’ve been working all day and look forward to relaxing at home. However, as soon as you step foot inside, a wave of hot air envelops you, which can be an unpleasant experience for anyone.
- Forgetting to turn off the AC before leaving the home. While it may be a pleasant experience coming home to a cool atmosphere, it can result in huge energy bills.
- Being too hot to sleep. It can be difficult to get a comfortable and consistent temperature in the summer. You may find yourself fiddling with your air conditioning at night because it is either too hot or too cold.
- Too humid. When the temperature outside is too hot and humid, our bodies start to sweat profusely since it can be difficult for us to release heat. It should not be an issue at home.
- Leaving your pet at home. You wouldn’t leave your pet in the car on a blistering hot day, so why would you do so in your home without AC to cool them?
Fortunately, there is a solution to all of these issues – a programmable thermostat. If you are away from your house every day between 7:30 am and 6 pm, you can set your cooling program that is based on your routine. If you have a pet at home, you can set it to a temperature that will not cause them to overheat. Some models can also be controlled remotely, making it easier to turn a system on or off with your smartphone.