Air Conditioning Repair in Sterling, VA
Is Your System Telling You It’s Time for AC Repair?
Whether you need a minor repair, a maintenance service, or a full system replacement, trust the air conditioner repair services of the highly-trained technicians at Donmar Heating, Cooling & Plumbing. Our professional Sterling AC repair technicians are highly trained in the latest air conditioning technology and can provide you with top-quality in-home services. We proudly serve all of Northern Virginia and Maryland.
Why Is My Air Conditioner Acting Strange?
Air conditioner systems are complex and a number of different system components can fail on homeowners, leading to a wide variety of symptoms to indicate you need a repair. Our Sterling AC repair technicians can assist you in figuring out the problem and restoring your home’s climate control back to working order. If your AC unit is still giving you problems or acting strange, you may need to replace it. Give us a call and we can provide excellent information on your Sterling, VA, AC repair and what to do next.
Call Our Sterling AC Repair team today if you notice any of the following:
- Little or no cool air production - If you're getting warm air coming out of your AC, you should contact our AC repair team because you could be dealing with a dirty condenser unit, broken thermostat, dirty air filter, not enough coolant, or leaks in your air ducts
- Poor air flow - If you're not getting enough air flow, first check that your vents aren't blocked by furniture. It could also be that you have ducts that need repair or maybe your fan isn't blowing the cooled air into your ducts properly.
- Broken or non-responsive thermostat - If your thermostat isn't reading the temperature of your room properly, then you won't get cooled air because the thermostat thinks everything is okay.
- Rust, condensation, or moisture on your unit - Rust is usually a sign of water or condensation build-up where you don't want any. Water and condensation is a byproduct of your AC's cooling process and you might have a leak in your condensate pan or the line responsible for bringing it there. You could also notice ice building up on your unit if your evaporator coil freezes due to a dirty air filter or dirty coil.
- Abnormal sounds - All air conditioners make a little bit of noise. But if you're hearing a loud screech or rumble then call in our Sterling AC repair pros pronto. If something is loose it could cause further damage so this isn't a fix you'll want to put off.
- Bad smells or odors - If you're getting a musky smell of mildew or perhaps a dying animal, you'll want to get your ducts checked out. But if you're smelling something burning coming from your AC then you'll want to get your unit inspected.
These symptoms can point to problems in your system ranging from a worn out thermostat or a need for a recharge to a full-blown system failure. Trust the AC repair professionals at Donmar Company Heating & Cooling to diagnose your problem right the first time and provide you with a quick and reliable service to get your system in top shape again. In addition, we also provide expert indoor air quality services that can benefit you and your home!
AC Repair Vs. Replacement
While AC repair may seem like the best call in terms of saving money, it's not always the financially prudent maneuver it seems to be. If you're repairing an AC unit that needs replacement then you're spending more money in the long run than if you replaced your unit outright. Don't sink more money into AC repair if you notice any of the following.
1. Your AC is older than 10 years old - On average AC units last from 8-12 years so you should always be cautious if you're spending money on AC repair on an old unit.
2. It requires R22 Freon - Because of the 2020 Freon Ban while the use of the coolant isn't banned the production of it is. That means these AC units will become increasingly cost prohibitive to run as the coolant becomes more and more scarce.
3. The unit requires constant repairs - While our Sterling AC repair experts will always be in to service your unit, that shouldn't be happening more than once per season. If it is, then replacement might be better suited for you to avoid one repair cost after another.
4. The repair cost is exorbitant - Usually, the rule of thumb is to multiply a repair cost by the age of the unit in years and compare that total to the cost of replacement. If that total is more than the cost of replacement then simply replace your unit and save yourself the hassle.
Your customer service is outstanding and everyone that I spoke to or met in person speaks to the nature of your company.- Kathy
Donmar Company defines customer service excellence to a higher level.- Scott H.
Great company — replaced my furnace very efficiently and effectively.- Chris C.
They are honest and straightforward with their recommendations and always give us various options.- Samia K.
I am thankful for Paul’s service and HIGHLY RECOMMEND Donmar Company to anyone with an HVAC issue!- K.J.
Really appreciate your crew. They answered all my questions and concerns, and the work appears to be impeccable!- Jeffrey N.
This company is very attentive to the customer and respond to their concerns quickly.- Natalie M.
We've been pleased with the units, but its your employees that have made the real impression - they've been uniformly fantastic!- Kathleen