Everyone wants to protect their plumbing system. Yet other than scheduling regular maintenance and inspections, many homeowners feel like there’s not a lot they can do to keep from something going wrong. Chiefly, it’s important to be aware of how your system is functioning, and willing to call a professional plumber at the onset of trouble. But how can you prevent those plumbing emergencies which you had no way of anticipating?
Finally, there may now be a way. By installing a water alarm system, you can potentially save a ton of money on expensive repairs by catching problems before they spiral out of control. These small, surprisingly simple systems are more affordable than you would imagine, and can prevent major damage to your plumbing system by detecting abnormalities which might otherwise go completely unnoticed. Keep reading to learn more about the benefits of installing a water alarm in your home, and make sure to call our Sterling HVAC and plumbing pros at Donmar Heating, Cooling & Plumbing for all your repair, maintenance, and installation needs.
The Top 5 Benefits of Installing a Water Alarm:
- They prevent flooding and burst pipes: Water alarms use a small, ultra-sensitive sensor that monitors the flow of water through your plumbing system, usually through your main water line. If the flow of water is particularly slow or fast, it will alert you. This way you will know if the water pressure is building up to your system, potentially leading to flooding or burst pipes.
- They stop leaks: Because water alarms can detect even small changes to water flow, they will alert you to potentially damaging leaks before they get bigger. Even slow leaks can lead to rotting floors or cracks in the wall, which is why it’s better to learn if there’s anything off with the flow/pressure of your water early.
- They tell you about frozen pipes: We’re already talked about burst pipes above, but we haven’t covered frozen pipes—which are also prone to bursting. With the right water alarm, you will be alerted to excessive moisture in your system—and with top-of-the-line models, your alarm may even turn on your pipe heaters for you!
- They help your appliances last longer: Because water alarms can detect leaks and other damage, they in turn can help your appliances last longer. From dish and clothes washers, to ice-makers and freezers, to traditional water heaters and heat pumps, water alarms help protect your equipment to alerting you to potential leaks, clogs, and water flow issues.
- They cut down on mold and mildew: Mold and mildew thrive in areas with excessive moisture. Because water alarms alert you to areas of your system where moisture may be excessive, they help you catch mold and mildew early on, preventing a nasty health hazard for you and your family and saving yourself money in potential removal and even remodeling costs.
Call to Have a Water Alarm Installed in Your Home Today
There are a range of water alarm systems on the market today, spanning the gamut in price and performance. Some of the more high-end ones even connect the sensors to your emergency shut-off valve, preventing the flow of water in your home as soon as a leak is detected. And with advancements in technology, you can now connect your water alarm to your smartphone, so you can receive mobile notifications if the system detects a problem!
At Donmar Heating, Cooling & Plumbing, our professional Sterling plumbers are committed to finding the water alarm that is right for you. Call today to request a consultation, and let us help you protect your plumbing system.
To schedule an appointment, dial (703) 457-8676 now, or send us a message online.